Thursday, June 23, 2016

Standing Up For Whołeness


A few days ago I had the honor to stand with evangelical brothers sisters, proclaiming that our faith is greater than the redric of Tumps. Below is my speech.  You may ask what does this have to do with your mission or redefining wholeness? Sometimes we have to look inside ourselves to find it and I have. Other times you/we need to remind others of our wholeness.

Faith Trumps fear press conference speech:  

From the very birth of our nation in 1776 people with disabilities has played a key role in our history 
 
Stephen Hopkins although he had Palsy in his hand was still able to sign the independence by declaring "my hand trembles, but heart does not". Hopkins had a dream of a better America where all men are created equal. Hopkins was a part of the " we the people" as is all people with disabilities, every race, ethnicity we are all part of that. But I don't think mr trump understands this fully.

By mocking and shaming Serge Kovaleski of the New York Times publicly. Clearly he does hold the American values.
I am here today as a minister, a activate, a artist,writer and a American voter. But why should mr trump get my vote?

Mr tump has said in the past that my community/ those with disabilities are some how lower than those who are temporary abled body. And ask you againWhy should this man get my vote? 

As a Christian this  truth is built on something so much more important- the Gospel! 
We are created in the image of God!
God so loved The World that his only Son to die for it

All through the bible we have leaders such as Moses, David, Mary, Paul etc who God uses their weaknesses more then their strengths. Even Jesus emptied himself of his power when came to earth. 

We can see that in Christianity things such as weakness, poor, community are to Be up held not power, wealth and self reliance.  

So if Donald J Trump can't hold to this truth that is self evident then he won't get my vote and challenge my       evangelical brothers and sisters to do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment